- It’s a good test to see if he or she is compatible with you
- You get to see your partner at their worst and how they react
- You are able to push each other physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Imagine all of those steep climbs and crappy weather conditions!
- Cram into a 2-person tent every night (imagine all the cuddles!)
- Makes traveling by bike even cheaper!
- Split all of the traveling costs (food, housing, etc)
- You get to share the load in your bike panniers
- Split the weight of the tent, equipment, food and water
- You are physically fit and healthy together
- You can eat unhealthy foods and still burn more calories then you eat!
- Plus, if you eat more than your partner… SECONDS!
- Create amazing memories together
- Appreciate everything in the country you bike through. The landscapes, culture and people one pedal stroke at a time
- Fearing for your partners safety while riding shows you how much you really care about them
- There is nothing better after a long days ride to embrace and congratulate each other on your successes
- You get to look back and say to your partner, “wow we really biked that far”
Some say that just traveling with a partner is the best way to find out. If you want to take it a step further, try traveling on bikes together! This is a personal list of what I found out to be awesome reasons to travel by bike with a partner. If you ride together, you can reside together.
If you have any other reasons please feel free to share below!